What is Bariatric Wheelchair?
Bariatric wheelchair is a type of wheelchair which is quite wide than the other types of wheelchairs. Bariatric wheelchair is also termed as a heavy duty wheelchair. The factor which differentiate bariatric wheelchair from the other wheelchairs is it’s ability to bear extra weight. This unique product is designed to empower heavyweight users to maintain their mobility. Bariatric wheelchair is the best mobility solution along with safety and comfort.
Who should use bariatric wheelchair?
Expertly designed and manufactured to support the weight of patients with greater weight, our bariatric wheelchairs can ensure safe transfers. Bariatric wheelchairs are the best option and most suitable as wheelchair for heavy weight persons. Generally, If you are more than 100 pounds overweight with a BMI in excess, a bariatric wheelchair may be a good solution for your mobility needs. It's Users may have the following conditions including:
- Cardiopulmonary disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Osteoarthritis of the lower extremities
It is also possible that such a wheelchair could be used by people who have severe muscle weakness, resulting from neuromuscular or musculoskeletal issues. Examples of these conditions would be:
- Huntington’s disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal cord injuries
In some cases, the people with higher weight suffering from muscle weakness could create additional risks when in a conventional wheelchair.
Do wheelchairs have a weight limit?
Yes, wheelchairs have a weight limit, weight capacity is the important factor which is not negligible.
What are the benefits of using bariatric wheelchair?
They are especially useful for admitting and discharging patients as well as moving them between wards and rooms easily and safely. Patient with extra weight feels comfortable. Bariatric wheelchairs are also beneficial for planning an outing during treatment of patient or patient with long-term illness. It provides additional support to the body.
What things should be considered before buying a wheelchair?
A Bariatric wheelchair must have following features:
- Featuring sturdy, high-quality frames, robust and durable.
- The seats should be suitably wide and made of comfortable and easy-clean materials.
- Should be easy to hygiene so that transport for patients become pleasant.
- Accessories for the maintenance should be available in the same country.
- Tyres should be smooth along with safe material so that caregivers can handle easily.
- All the safety measures should be checked before buying to prevent risk of fall.
- Weight of the patient and weight limit should be checked and matched before buying.
Buy wheelchair in UAE online at Abilities
At Abilities, we offer a wide range of wheelchairs suitable for hospitals, rehabilitation and other medical facilities.